<<PREVIOUS | NEXT>>
A person cannot be divided into a body and a mind kept separate from one another.
Therefore story is potentially important in all diseases in one way or another.
In Dr Broom’s clinics a combination of conventional medicine and a ‘story’ approach has proved relevant to a wide number of conditions, listed below.
- Headaches (migraine, muscle spasm headaches, tension headaches, cluster headaches)
- Chronic nose and sinus problems (perennial rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis, nonallergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, nasal infections)
- Eye problems (nonallergic conjunctivitis, chronic watering eyes, recurrent eye infections
- Mouth ulcers and other mouth problems (bad breath or halitosis, painful or uncomfortable tongue symptoms, leukoplakia, mouth cancer)
- Recurrent sore throat, pharyngitis,
- Asthma, bronchitis, chest infections , chronic cough
- Voice problems (recurrent laryngitis, loss of voice or aphonia, recurrent tracheitis)
- Dermatitis and eczema (hand dermatitis, allergic eczema, various skin rashes and lesions)
- Hives, urticaria, angioedema, dermographism, cholinergic urticaria
- Recurrent anaphylaxis of unknown cause
- Chronic pain syndromes, back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain
- Repetitive strain injury, occupational overuse syndrome
- Recurrent sports injury
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Recurrent gastritis, peptic ulcer disease
- Reflux oesophagitis
- Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, unexplained bleeding from bowel,
- Vulvitis, vaginitis, vulvovaginitis
- Pelvic pain
- Cystitis, chronic cystitis, unexplained urinary bleeding
- Unexplained bleeding from the breast
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE USED THE COMBINED APPROACH (conventional medicine AND story approaches) ON MANY OCCASIONS WITH SOME OF THESE CONDITIONS AND ON A FEW OCCASIONS WITH OTHERS. THE POINT IS THAT ‘STORY’ IS POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT IN MANY CONDITIONS.
WHAT IF MY PROBLEM IS NOT ON THAT LIST?
The list reflects the health problems which get referred to Dr Broom.
Other doctors find story important in the different physical conditions they see.
[thesis_block type="note" header="NOTE AGAIN!" content="The story approach and ordinary medicine fit together. Before you embark on this program you should have had your problem assessed by your doctor to deal with important physical factors and other treatment possibilities.
<<PREVIOUS | NEXT>>